(Effective & Last Modified February 6, 2015)
A. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We typically collect two kinds of information about you when you use our Services: (a) information that you provide that personally identifies you; and (b) information that does not personally identify you that we automatically collect or that you provide us.
(1) Personally Identifiable Information: Our definition of personally identifiable information includes any information that specifically identifies you, such as your name, mail address, phone number, etc. In certain circumstances, we may specifically request, allow or otherwise provide you an opportunity to submit your personally identifiable information in connection with a feature, program, promotion, event or some other aspect of our Services. For instance, you may: (a) provide your name, mail/shipping address, email address, credit card number and phone number when registering or in connection with a contest entry; (b) provide certain demographic information about you (e.g., age, gender, purchase preference, usage frequency, etc.) when using our Applications, or participating in a survey or poll; or (c) post a general comment and/or recommendation on our Website or through our Applications. Certain information may not be personally identifiable when standing alone (e.g., your age), but may become so when combined with other information (e.g., your age and name). Whether or not you provide certain information is your choice; however, in many instances this type of information is required to participate in the particular activity, realize a benefit we may offer, or gain access to certain content or features available through our Services.
(2) Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Our definition of non-personally identifiable information is any information that does not personally identify you. Non-personally identifiable information can include information that was once personally identifiable information that has been de-identified; that is, information that has been rendered anonymous. We obtain non-personally identifiable information about you from information that you provide us, either separately or together with your personally identifiable information. We also automatically collect certain non-personally identifiable information from you when you access our Services through your Equipment, your web browser, which website you were on before you visited our Website, your computer operating system, your mobile device, wireless carrier, the domain name of your Internet service provider, the search terms you use, and how much and often you use our Services.
B. HOW WE USE & SHARE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
(1) Personally Identifiable Information: The personally identifiable information you submit to us is generally used to carry out your requests, respond to your inquiries, better serve you, improve how we interact and communicate with you, or in other ways associated with the circumstances in which you provided the information. We may also use this information to later contact you for a variety of reasons, such as customer service, providing you promotional information for our products or those of our parent company, subsidiaries or other affiliated companies (“affiliated companies”), or to communicate with you about content or other information you have posted or shared with us via use of our Services. You may opt-out from receiving future promotional information from us or our affiliated companies, or direct that we not share your information with any affiliated companies, as set forth below.
(2) Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We use non-personally identifiable information in a variety of ways. For example, we may use non-personally identifiable information to evaluate use of our Services (e.g., visits to our Website, use of our Applications, etc.), track the types of products being purchased, gauge coupon redemption rates, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities, and to improve our services. We may use your non-personally identifiable information by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from other customers or other sources. We may, among other things, share your non-personally identifiable information with our affiliated companies and third party vendors, allow third parties to collect such information directly from you, and/or sell the non-personally identifiable information to third parties to achieve these and any other business objectives (e.g., generate revenue, form alliances, etc.). However, it is important to remember that your non-personally identifiable information (whether standing alone or combined with other non-personally identifiable information) is anonymous information that does not personally identify you.
C. COOKIES AND PREFERENCE BASED ADVERTISING
(1) Cookies and Web Beacons: We automatically receive and store certain types of non-personally identifiable information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies” and “web beacons” (also called “clear gifs” or “pixel tags”) to obtain certain types of information when your web browser or Equipment accesses our Website. “Cookies” are small files that we transfer to your Equipment’s hard drive, memory or web browser to enable our systems to recognize you and to provide convenience and other features to you. “Web beacons” are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and may be used to track the online movements of users, when an email has been opened, and to provide other information.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze in this manner include the IP address used to connect your Equipment to the Internet; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; your activities on our Website, including what you view/search for, as well as the URL you come from and go to next (whether this URL is on our site or not); and cookie number.
Opting Out: If you do not wish to participate in preference based advertising via these third party advertising networks, go to www.aboutads.info and follow the simple opt-out process. A couple of important notes about this opt-out tool: (1) it includes all the advertising networks that we may work with, but also many that we do not work with; and (2) it may rely on cookies to ensure that a given advertising network does not collect information about you (“Opt-out Cookies”). Therefore, if you use or buy new Equipment, change web browser or delete these Opt-out Cookies, you may need to perform the opt-out task again.
(3) Do Not Track Features: Certain browsers may offer you the option of providing notice to websites that you do not wish for your online activities to be tracked for preference based advertising purposes (“DNT Notice”). Some browsers are, by default, set to provide a DNT Notice, whether or not that reflects your preference. Providing DNT Notice is often touted as a means to ensure that cookies, Web beacons and similar technology are not used for preference based advertising purposes – that is, to restrict the collection of information about your online activities for advertising purposes. Unfortunately, given how preference based advertising works, DNT Notices may not effectively accomplish this goal. For this and a variety of other reasons, with respect to our Website, we do not take any action based on browser based DNT Notices. Rather, if you do not wish to participate in preference based advertising activities, you should follow the simple opt-out process identified above.